Two Mason City residents die of apparent CO poisoning

  • 22nd January 2014
  • admin
  • 0
Mason City, Iowa ‐ Officials say two Mason City residents have died of apparent Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

The Globe Gazette reports ( Monday that 67 year-old Thomas Jimenez and his 80 year-old wife, Carmen Jimenez, were found dead just after 4pm Saturday at their home. Police had checked on the couple after a relative called out of concern for not hearing from the couple since Thursday.

Police found the doors locked and had to break-in. Once inside, police discovered the couple lifeless. Police say carbon monoxide levels were strong enough that one officer was taken to a hospital, where he was treated and released.

Fire Chief Bob Platts says the situation remains under investigation.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *