- 21st May 2015
NOTE: This apparatus should be installed by a competent person who feels able to install it according to the instructions. Firstly write the installation date on your detector in the area provided.
To mount on a wall or ceiling:
Please ensure that you use the screws provided, as they were chosen specifically for use of this product .Remove the top section of the detector using the key provided .Mark the fixings on the base plate using a pencil and drill the holes into the wall. Insert the plastic wall plugs. Screw in the screws. Secure the top section of the detector to the base.
Your Smart Compliance CO detector requires a short ‘warm-up’ period before it is fully operational.
Test the communications, sounder, batteries and circuitry by pressing and holding the Test/Reset button for 1 second. The sounder should sound as soon as the button is pressed, and the Alarm LED will illuminate red for a short time indicating that the sounder is working and the batteries are providing power to the unit. This test for the sounder, batteries and circuitry should be performed weekly. You will receive your SMS message after each test.
WARNING: Prolonged exposure to the sounder in close proximity to your ears may damage your hearing.
Under normal operating conditions, the batteries should last for at least 5 years.
The detector will not protect against the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning when the batteries have drained.
WARNING: Prolonged exposure to extreme high or low temperatures may reduce the life of the batteries.
Your Smart Compliance CO detector offers many features which set it apart from other CO detectors on the market today.Not only does the unit alert you locally with an audible visual alarm but Smart Compliance CO detector notifies you and others by sending a SMS /text to multiple mobile devices. This service can be extended to the Smart Compliance 24/7 Incident Centre for added safety compliance.
Automatic weekly checks with SMS / Text notification.
Manual Test/Reset Button Feature
This button will:
- Test the sounder, batteries and circuitry;
- Allow you to test the sensor by introducing the source of CO into the detector (see ‘Testing the Sensor’ below)
- Silence the loud 85dB sounder during an alarm (only possible when the current CO level is less than 50ppm)
TESTING THE SOUNDER, BATTERIES AND CIRCUITRY
Test the sounder, batteries and circuitry by pressing and holding the Test/Reset button for 1 second to confirm the detector is operating properly. The sounder should sounds as soon as the button is pressed, and the alarm LED will illuminate red, indicating that the sounder is working and the batteries areproviding power to the unit. This test for the sounder, batteries and circuitry should be performed weekly.
TESTING THE SENSOR
NOTE: Aerosol CO may be used to check the sensor. Please note your CO detector will not detect smoke.
If testing the sensor for the first time after installation, make sure that the alarm has completed the initial warm up period.
CAUTION: Sensor testing should only be performed by a responsible adult.
This test should be performed annually.
Offer the CO from the Aerosol in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Visually check the unit for any defects and install unit back to original position.
UNDERSTANDING THE PRODUCT’S INDICATORS
The higher the concentration of carbon monoxide detected by the detector, the quicker it will respond. When sufficient carbon monoxide is detected a loud audible signal (85 dB at 1m/3feet) will be emitted and the alarm LED will flash red once every second.
The alarm will sound:
- Between 60 and 90 minutes when exposed to 50ppm of CO
- Between 10 and 40 minutes when exposed to 100ppm of CO
- Within 3 minutes when exposed to 300ppm or more
Fault/Low battery signal:
The unit continuously checks the settings of its sensor and circuitry. If any of these settings are found to be incorrect or if the batteries become low then the detector will send a SMS / Text and emit a single audible chirp locally once per minute for up to 30 days. IMPORTANT: This does NOT mean that the detector has detected carbon monoxide.
If the product is no longer in warranty replace it immediately!