- 4th March 2016
Apparatus located in the same room as a fuel-burning appliance:
A) For both wall and ceiling mounted apparatus the following applies:
- The apparatus should be at a horizontal distance between 1m and 3m from the potential source
- If there is a partition in a room, the apparatus should be located on the same side of the partition as the potential source
- Carbon Monoxide detectors in rooms with sloped ceilings should be located at the high side of the room
B) In addition to the previous points the following must be observed:
If the apparatus is located on a wall:
- It should be located close to the ceiling:
- It should be located at a height greater than the height of any door or window:
- It should be at least 150mm from the ceiling.
If the apparatus is located on the ceiling:
- It should be at least 300mm from any wall and any ceiling obstruction e.g. light fittings.
Apparatus located in sleeping rooms and in rooms remote from fuel burning appliance:
Apparatus located in sleeping rooms or located in rooms remote from the fuel burning appliance should be located relatively close to the breathing zone of occupants