Robert Schenke

  • 28th March 2014
  • admin


Vikki Courtman’s boyfriend Robert Schenke, died aged 31 in October 2006 from Carbon Monoxide poisoning caused by shoddy building work, which blocked his chimney causing Carbon Monoxide to leak into the home. As the builder responsible for this has now been prosecuted, Vikki and Robert’s brother Max are both supporting the Carbon Monoxide – Be Alarmed! campaign to raise awareness of the risks.

“I lost Robert to carbon monoxide poisoning because of a blocked chimney. It was the worst day of life and something no one should have to go through. Carbon monoxide is easily preventable, yet too many lives are lost or harmed ever year. I want to encourage everyone to buy an alarm today as it is the only way to be sure you and your loved ones are protected.”Vikki Courtman