Two Mason City residents die of apparent CO poisoning
- 22nd January 2014
Mason City, Iowa ‐ Officials say two Mason City residents have died of apparent Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
The Globe Gazette reports (http://bit.ly/1fRQEB6) Monday that 67 year-old Thomas Jimenez and his 80 year-old wife, Carmen Jimenez, were found dead just after 4pm Saturday at their home. Police had checked on the couple after a relative called out of concern for not hearing from the couple since Thursday.
Police found the doors locked and had to break-in. Once inside, police discovered the couple lifeless. Police say carbon monoxide levels were strong enough that one officer was taken to a hospital, where he was treated and released.
Fire Chief Bob Platts says the situation remains under investigation.